So, you've been arrested for DUI. Congratulations! You're now a member of a very exclusive club. And by exclusive, I mean that you're one of millions of Americans who have been arrested for DUI. It's not a fun club to be a part of, but you're certainly not alone.
Now, you're probably wondering what to do next. Well, the first thing you should do is take a deep breath and relax. It's not the end of the world. You're not going to jail. (Probably.)
The second thing you should do is call a DUI lawyer. And not just any DUI lawyer. You should call a DUI lawyer who offers a free consultation.
Why? Because free consultations are the best! They're like a free lunch. Or a free drink. Or a free puppy. (Okay, maybe not a free puppy, but you get the point.)
Free consultations are a great way to get to know a DUI lawyer and see if they're a good fit for you. You can ask them questions about your case, their experience, and their fees. And you can do it all without having to pay a dime.
But before you call a DUI lawyer for a free consultation, there are a few things you need to know.
First, all DUI lawyers are not created equal. Some are better than others. And some are just plain terrible. So, it's important to do your research and find a DUI lawyer who has a good reputation and a proven track record of success.
Second, free consultations are not always free. Some DUI lawyers will charge you a fee for your consultation, even if they don't end up representing you. So, be sure to ask about the fee structure before you schedule your consultation.
Finally, don't expect your free consultation to be a magic bullet. It's not going to solve all of your problems. But it is a good way to get started and learn more about your options.
So, now that you know a little bit more about DUI lawyer free consultations, it's time to start calling around. But before you do, here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your consultation:
- Be prepared to answer questions about your case. The DUI lawyer will want to know the basics: what happened, when it happened, and where it happened. They will also want to know your blood alcohol content (BAC) level, if you have any prior DUI arrests, and if you have any other criminal history.
- Be honest with the DUI lawyer. They can't help you if they don't know the truth about your case. So, be upfront about everything, even if it's not pretty.
- Ask questions. This is your chance to learn more about your case and your options. So, don't be afraid to ask questions. The DUI lawyer should be happy to answer them.
Once you've had a few consultations, you can start to narrow down your choices. And when you've found a DUI lawyer that you're comfortable with, you can hire them to represent you.
But remember, even if you hire a DUI lawyer, you still need to be proactive. You need to show up to court on time, follow your lawyer's instructions, and be prepared to fight for your rights.
DUI charges are serious, but they don't have to ruin your life. With the right DUI lawyer on your side, you can beat the charges and get back on your feet.
Now, here are some additional tips for getting the most out of your DUI lawyer free consultation:
- Dress to impress. The DUI lawyer is more likely to take you seriously if you're dressed in a suit and tie (or a dress and heels).
- Bring a gift. A bottle of scotch or a box of chocolates is a nice way to show the DUI lawyer that you appreciate their time.
- Be charming. Flatter the DUI lawyer and tell them how much you admire their work.
- Tell a sob story. The DUI lawyer is more likely to help you if they feel bad for you. So, tell them about your sick grandmother, your starving children, and your struggling business.
- Cry. If all else fails, start crying. Waterworks are a powerful persuasion tool.
Just kidding! Don't do any of those things. Just be yourself and be honest with the lawyer. That's the best way to get the most out of your consultation.